Preparing and maintaining floors for winters seasons - in countries where snowfall covers the major part of the winters
Snowfall in winters might look beautiful, but there are numerous challenges of this particular season. Thick and dense layers of snow and sleet creates huge obstructions on the roads, pathways and also inside the buildings. In commercial buildings, when people walk in and out, they bring snow, wet dirt and lots of moisture that could be infectious if not dealt with in time.
A long exposure of the floors to the snow and moisture can permanently create damages to the floors increasing your maintenance efforts and costs too. There are a number of companies who offer Commercial Cleaning Services in Melbourne and they are the best people to deal with all issues of floor maintenance in winters.
Let us enlist a few important considerations that we as a commercial cleaning vendor take into account when we offer our floor care services specifically for winters.
• Evaluation of type of floors - even though the cause of floor maintenance in winters is the snow and moisture, the treatment technique also depends on the type of floor we are dealing with. There is a specific chemical combination required to treat every kind of floor right from wooden flooring, mosaic sheets, and tiles to concrete flooring.
• Selection of chemicals - as mentioned in the point above, the chemical treatments are decided based on the type of floors. The treatment is also based on the amount of foot traffic a particular floor area attracts. Floor with higher foot traffic attracts much more amount of snow, and hence we use stronger chemicals that can deal with the large incoming traffic in the reduced time.
• Selection of cleaning methods - finally it comes down to the method of cleaning which depends on how big the floor area is, what is the location of the building and the amount of dirt the floor area attracts. The amount of snow accumulated in a pathway would certainly be higher than the snow getting inside the building through the foot traffic. Hence the treatment method would also be different.
Also, along with the methods of cleaning, there are many preventive measure which we encourage to maintain the floors of commercial buildings during winter snowfalls.
• Use a proper door mat that has the capability of absorbing moisture. The size and thickness of the mat should be as per the incoming floor traffic and the number of people working in the building.
• Keep powerful vacuum that can pull off the snow particles from the floors which will not only reduce snow and dirt but will also deal with the moisture part.
Winter cleaning is a branch of Commercial Cleaning Service in Melbourne which only deals with the issues of cleaning and maintenance in winters.
Get in touch with Spiffyclean at 1300668025 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you with all sorts of floor care and maintenance issues through our highly trained and expert resources.